November 27, 2017
The hunt continues for the missing Argentine submarine as a number of countries are assisting in the search.
A spokesperson for the Argentine Navy said he is holding out hope that the vessel will be found and the 44 crew members will be alive.
The submarine went missing 12 days ago, and is said to have had just one week of air supply left when it disappeared.
Officials say they will continue to conduct a thorough search, including a full bottom sweep of the waters.
“Regrettably, we have not pinpointed the location, or a detection of the San Juan submarine,” announced Enrique Balbi, Argentine Navy spokesman. “The rest of the areas continue being patrolled with vessels from the Argentine Navy and those from other nations are also doing a full sweep of the area.”
Officials say before the vessel went missing it had been ordered back to the dock after water entered the submarine, resulting in a battery short circuit.