UPDATED 8:15 a.m. – Sat. Sep. 8, 2018
Pres. Trump says the controversial editorial on his administration published in the New York Times is a national security issue.
Speaking to reporters in North Dakota Friday, he promised to root out the anonymous source for the safety of our country.
“I think it is a national security matter,” said Pres. Trump. “They should look at it. They should look at it very strongly. We should find out who it is because why should we live with somebody in the White House who is really subversive in a sense? If you look at it, it is really subversive. So we will take a look at that, a very strong look.”
The president went on to say the author of the piece will be found.
“Eventually we will find the person… In fact all of our top people have come out with letters saying this is disgraceful. And you know it would be very hard for them to do that and then all of a sudden it is found out that it is them. We are going to find out who it is.”
Members of the president’s cabinet have all issued statements denouncing the editorial, and saying they did not write it.
Pres. Trump says the Times’ decision to publish the anonymous essay is backfiring, saying the newspaper will feel a backlash similar to what happened with the claims made Bob Woodward’s new book.
“People think that it is disgusting that the New York Times would do that. They think it is absolutely disgusting that they would do such a thing because unless you know who it is, it is a one way street. They can say something about you — now when we find out that this is a failed person in so many different ways you can fight it back very easily. Like the book, its a discredited book already. Everybody came out, almost everybody came out where there are quotes, like General Kelly, General Mattis, so many different people came out and they really hit the book hard because they didn’t say the things that was attributed.”
Earlier this week, the president took to Twitter to call the author of the essay “gutless” and called on the Times to turn the person over to federal officials.
Does the so-called “Senior Administration Official” really exist, or is it just the Failing New York Times with another phony source? If the GUTLESS anonymous person does indeed exist, the Times must, for National Security purposes, turn him/her over to government at once!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 5, 2018
Reports on Saturday say the White House said the president has narrowed down the list of suspects to about five names.
The president has called on the Department of Justice to investigate the matter and says he is considering legal action against the New York Times for publishing the story.
The post Pres. Trump says N.Y. Times editorial a matter of national security, author will be found appeared first on One America News Network.